Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Different Personalities

I'm learning quickly how each dog has a different personality. Roxy is hyper when she sees birds, other dogs, and cats, but is so loving with her kisses when you walk in the door. Koda is very playful and excitable at the mention of food, walk, or ball. It sometimes is a riot watching the two of them playing together.

With Koda being the newest member of the family we are learning a lot about him. He can't be left unattended in the backyard or he'll jump over the fence. We've been blessed to have great neighbors who inform us he's gotten out, and he thankfully comes to you when called.

However the most recent adventure is leaving Koda unattended in the house... He's managed to get into the garbage twice. The second time it was up on the counter top, and the latest trouble is he got to and ate a whole package of hot buns and most of a package of tortillas. No doubt that Roxy helped him eat the food, but it was my fault for leaving them on the counter top, but watch out Koda...Momma's smarter!
Koda after being administered First Aid. Look at my handy work!
I've learned my lesson to keep the counters clean, because in his great scavenge he was injured somehow... No worries though. Thanks to my training in Pet First Aid I was able to take care of his minor cut, and bandaged his boo boo.
<><><><>
My dogs sure make me feel like a mother, which is a long life dream for me. I love them so much, and they bring such a joy into my life!

No comments: