Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So hard to say "Goodbye"

Today was difficult for me. My emotions were all over the place. Tim and I had a hard time deciding to put Chubby to rest, but it became more apparent that is was the right choice when he started draggin his hind legs all around the house, and to top it off he started to lose control of his bowels in the last days leading up to today.
My dear Chubby boy was deeply loved and cared for in the short 4 years that we had him. I will miss having him sleeping in the bed next to me, and the nudges to keep scratching his ears. He always had a great big smile, and was very excited when you walked in the door after a long day at work.
As a memorial I'm creating a shadow box with his Plaster of Paris paw impression, dog collar, and photos. Plus we'll have his ashes to keep!


Chubby we love you very much, and we know that you are happy in heaven with all the over dogs.

No comments: