Thursday, September 08, 2011

As the time goes by..


Monday, September 5th was not just Labor Day, but a special day for a very special woman in my life. Monday we celebrated Mom's 60th birthday! It's sometimes hard to believe that she is at that age...however I am proud to have her in my life, and as my mother.
For our celebration the family met at Leatherby's Creamery for some tasty bites of food and ice cream. I absolutely love their cheese fries, and banana shakes. Get them every time.
Those who participated in fun-eral tradition dressed in something colorful and mis-matched. We had a great time at the restaurant. There were a group of women, strangers to us, that sang "Happy Birthday"
Passersby stopped to ask questions or comment, and it was enjoyable for us all! The outfits were certainly loud enough to draw some attention...
Once we were finished filling our bellies, we went over to the house, and by house I mean Mom and Dad's. We gathered there to read our eulogies to mom, and presented her with bouquets of flowers.
Mom always said that she'd rather enjoy flowers while she's alive, so we in tradition give flowers for all the special occasions celebrating mom.

No comments: