Friday, August 17, 2012

Coming up on 10 weeks...pregnant that is

Disclosure: I began writing this blog on Thursday, August 16th, and so continued as if still the same day even though it is now Friday.

I still feel like a hippopotamus, but now I'm beginning to look it. I'm developing my "baby bump" as some may call it. It just looks weird with my over weight belly and my waistline in the middle drawing a nice noticeable divide. Erggg....
I'm currently at 9 weeks 6 days, and actually feeling really good. I switched to taking my prenatal vitamins to evenings instead of mornings and that has helped tremendously. The biggest thing is controlling my blood sugars, and unfortunately it's come down to that I need insulin. My body isn't producing enough especially now that I'm growing a mini me. Honestly, at the first idea I was a bit upset, but now I just don't care because I will do whatever it takes to make sure this child is healthy, and has a fair fighting chance. I love my dijete (de-yai-tai, Korean for little one.)
I had an interesting experience with this NuMom2B steady today. First off I was warned that it'll take about 1 1/2 hours...
My goodness the amount of paperwork you go thru. Let's just say ridiculous, but don't get me wrong. I wanted to do this. Medicine/ Health care is ever changing or advancing should I say, and they need volunteers to help them grow.
Any ways, back to point. So with the study they drew my blood, and took other body fluid samples. Plus as kind of a bonus I got another ultrasound of the baby. This time for me it seemed REALLY, real. The nurse showed me the heart beat (again, this being the 2nd time I've seen it) and the baby's heartbeat is at 184bpm. Normal and healthy. Also we could see the shape of the baby. It's so cute. It was funny how the nurse used the term bottom instead of butt. Also with the ultrasound she checked my ovaries and uterine wall, and everything looks good.

Everyone there is really nice, and they try to make you as comfortable as possible. I actually had a few laughs with everyone.
By the time I got out of there it had been 2 1/2 hours, but it didn't even seem that long.
Oh! the best part is that my next visit in October I get to find out the sex of the baby. FINALLY! I can't wait. I've been wanting to know for the past 2 weeks.

No comments: