Saturday, September 07, 2013

We Made It!

Wow! What a journey this has been. I never imagined in my life that I'd move to Texas. I have been raised in Utah, and lived there my whole life up until now.
Tim and I set off on our adventure with 2 dogs and a 5 month old in our Dodge Journey late Saturday morning (August 31st.) We stopped off Saturday night at La Quinta in Cheyenne, Wyoming which so happened that there was a dog convention and our hotel is pet friendly.... As I walking in with Koda a woman with her dog started freaking out because Koda wanted to sniff them. I explained that he wasn't aggressive, but she cussed me out. I was upset with her, but I was also very tired so my emotions were probably high.
Then early Sunday morning we were back on the road. We drove through Colorado which I absolutely loved. It's very beautiful. I wish I could have stopped to experience what Colorado has to offer, but we were on a mission to a designated destination. Sunday evening we stopped to rest at Best Western in Amarillo, Texas. It was nice and comfy, but we were so anxious to make it to our new home we woke up even earlier and got back on the road.
We made it to our home in Dallas, Texas by about 1:00 pm. Hooray! We survived the drive.

Now the hard, sweaty work begins. Unpacking! Probably one of the things I hate most. I'm fine with packing, but unpacking....yuck!
Once we arrived at our new home. Tim unpacked our trailer, while I tended to Kohl, and set up our sleeping arrangements as we had no furniture, but on Tuesday we had everything happening at once.
U haul delivered our boxes, and just in time the movers from Trophy Movers came and unloaded everything while I watched Kohl. Also at the same time there was the cable guy getting us set up, and Best Buy with my brand new washer and dryer, and refrigerator. There's one problem with the fridge... the ice maker and water dispenser are faulty so they'll be delivering a newer one on Monday, Sept. 9th.

If I've learned anything from this move it's that I need to be patient in everything and everyone around me. I am so thankful that we were blessed to have a save drive, and no problems with our vehicle or trailer.

No comments: