Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crafted Valentines

My crafting mo-jo got me wanting to make something, and so I thought that I would make something to give out on Valentine's Day. It was pretty simple, and totally worth the results, and this can be done for any holiday, birthdays, or as party favors.
I took my choice of paper 12"x12" and cut it in half so there are two 6"x12" pieces. From there I took one of my halves and cut it to be 6"x6 1/2" and then scored at 1/2" and 3"...this gave ease when folding.
Then with just a 8 1/2"x 11" sheet of paper I cut it to match the width of the folded envelope ex. 3", and folded that piece of paper in half horizontally and vertically. Here's where it got tricky I dotted the corner of the double fold at the top and drew a curved line down to a 1/2", and then with scissors it out. Once unfolded it looks like a leaf...this was used to create the fold-in tabs on each box.
The outer edge was cut out, and then I scored the inner leaf edge to give a defined line to fold-in. 
I decorated the outside with red hearts that I cut from my Cricut, stuffed the inside with yummy treats, and ta-da...fun Valentines for all my friends and co-workers!

1 comment:

becky rigby said...

They are so dang cute. You are honestly so crafty. I was telling Caleb how creative you are just yesterday. I loved it. Thanks!